Thursday, January 22, 2009

Delayed....again

Once again we are delayed in the process. We are still waiting for our sons' passports. We are hoping that they will be done on Monday and we can have medicals and visas on Tuesday. We changed our flight once more for the 29th of January now. This is the 3rd time changing our tickets while we are here in Ukraine. There was a lot of "paperwork" that was needed to apply for the passport at the "ovir" and also it took a while to unregister the kids from their place of registry. Even though our sons lived at the orphanage for 8 years now, they still were registered in the apartment where their gransmother lives. Since the orphanage and that apartment belong to different counties, they were giving us a hard time when boys had to be unregistered... It seems like most people here just like to complicate things and no one really thinks about whats best for the kids... Oh well, we are enjoying our last week here ( and I really hope this is the last week in Ukriane for us)!
Thanks again for all your prayers...this has been a very long adoption process...

9 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

This registration problem seems to be common among the orphans! Our registration problem caused an extra two week delay in Ukraine. Hang in there, it will get done! Love the church blessing pictures!

Kari said...

Sorry to hear you are delayed again. My husband is in Kiev waiting for our passports from Kherson. It has been a week now, but the computer broke the day they applied a week ago, and no one knows when it will be fixed. We share your frustration. Praying you all get home next week.
Kari

Debora Hoffmann said...

I pray you'll all be home soon. Your boys are so blessed to have you as their family.

Makarenko's Adoption said...

Well you be back on my bday:) We are looking forward to your return.
Luv Makarenkos
Vanessa still talks about Bella. She says "gdea bella?" I tell ukraine and she is like "oh!!!!!"

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for the delay. It seems like everything takes longer in Ukraine. We are praying for all of you. Hang on...just a little longer.

God Bless!!!

Alan said...

Hope you get all resolved soon!

Stephanee&Zach said...

I'm praying for a quick resolution and that you will come home soon. It's great to hear that you are still able to enjoy your time there though. We loved our time in Ukraine but were so ready to get home near the end. But now we really miss it! It already seems so long ago...

Dave (Sacramento, CA) said...

viktor and Inna:
Anne told me about Denis's wishes to be adopted. I explained to her that my hands are completely tied of course. I could not adopt if I wanted to. But we are handing out his profile. My wife is a Ukrainian translator. She sees Ukrainian people every day. I will try to put it on the Russian radio station. I did this with a little girl who came from Ukraine. She was burned badly and needed surgery. So, we put her information on the radio and got some help. All I can do is try. I feel so helpless. But I guess trying is better than nothing.
-Dave

Dave (Sacramento, CA) said...

viktor and Inna:
Anne told me about Denis's wishes to be adopted. I explained to her that my hands are completely tied of course. I could not adopt if I wanted to. But we are handing out his profile. My wife is a Ukrainian translator. She sees Ukrainian people every day. I will try to put it on the Russian radio station. I did this with a little girl who came from Ukraine. She was burned badly and needed surgery. So, we put her information on the radio and got some help. All I can do is try. I feel so helpless. But I guess trying is better than nothing.
-Dave