Saturday, December 20, 2008

Another visit with the boys grandma...

Today we had a very interesting visit with the boys' grandma again. We bought some bread and fruits, like g. Luda requested and Aleks, Dima and I went to meet with her at her home. A day before we went, g. Luda called me and told me that she already told the boys' mom J that they were going to be adopted. She also showed her pictures of our family. I was not sure how the whole meeting would go today because mom J lives with the grandma in the same apartment. Well usually mom J is not at home for days and sometimes months, drinking.
When we came in the house and walked into g. Luda's room and set down, mom J came in. It was a very interesting meeting, but she was calm and not drunk (which is really rare we were told). So g. Luda was asking me questions about our house and what it looks like and then asked Aleks to draw a layout of the house and asked what trees where growing in our yard and what flowes we had. Mom J was just listening and smiled from time to time. The interesting thing was that Aleks, even in front of mom J, still called me mom...
Then g. Luda told mom J to make us tea...so she went. While mom J was making tea, g. Luda asked me to help her with some personal stuff for her and boys....so we will try to help her during the time that we have just waiting.. Aleks, Dima, myself and mom J went into the kitchen to have tea with some crackers. To my surprise, it was not unconfotable. The boys also felt very comfortable. After that we were off, g. Luda still wanted us to stay, but we had plans for the evening and had to go. While the boys went to say goddbye to their grandmother, I was standing in the hallway with mom J. I told her that she is welcome to write letters to the boys and that we will still stop by to visit them before we go. She just smiled.
I am glad that God made this possible...I have never in my wildest dreams would think that I would meet the bio mother of the children that we were adopting. This was a wonderful meeting and we will continue to pray for her because she is very sick and needs Jesus in her life.

4 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Wow! I am amazed that you were able to meet the boys' birth mother and that the time together went well. Praise God! I am so glad that their grandmother loves them and wants to spend time with them and you. The Lord bless you all as you wait and have opportunities to share Christ's love with others.

Tami said...

What an amazing visit! How surreal that must have been. I'm glad you were able to have a good time together and that the boys had the opportunity to say goodbye.

Makarenko's Adoption said...

Wow, I think thats pretty cool that you got to meet their bio mom! I wish we had a chance to do that. While we were still in Ukraine I didn't want to, now that we are home I wish we did(not that we knew how to find their parents)
Hope everything works out with the SDA! We are praying for you guys! Can't wait for you guys to be back!
I'm glad you guys are joining Ukraine (cuz I almost hated every minute of it)
Luv you guys :)

Unknown said...

Hi Viktor and Inna. I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading the last few posts. We used to live in Portland (well, Tualatin), moved to the SE 2.5 years ago. We will keep you in prayer and your boys' bio mother. God bless you.