Thursday, October 23, 2008

Submitted!!!!!

We received an email from our attorney in Ukraine and she said that she submitted our paperwork today without any complications. Thank You Lord! She said that the SDA told her to check in one week from today for our travel date and invitation letter. She also stated that she was told by the SDA that even though most of the appointments were given out for November, that they will still try to give us a date in November. If not November, then begining of December... Either way, we are so excited!
I spoke with Aleks via Skype yesterday and told him that our paperwork was to be submitted on Thursday and he and his other friends were praying that everything will go well.
So this morning, when I woke up, he was already calling me to ask how it all went... He was so excited to hear that our paperwork was submitted! The boys are very excited about us coming for them soon. Aleks told me that he does not want to know the travel date when we find out. He wants us to surprise him. He said, "Mom, even when you find out when the travel date is, and I will be begging you to tell me, dont do it." He is so funny... Then Dima was telling me that he wants to know the travel date right when we find out... But I think we will just make it a surprise for them. They both were saying how much they love us and miss us.
Today, my mom and I started painting the room for the boys. Yesterday we were looking for beds for them and found some that would match the room. It a lot of preparation and so little time...
Keep us in your prayers! Blessings!

5 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Wow! Congratulations! I praise God that this may be happening so soon, that you'll soon be with your boys and then be home together as a family. :-)

Alan said...

Inna, we were submitted today as well. Maybe we'll be in Ukraine at the same time. Congratulations!

Kevin and Pam said...

Congratulations, it starts getting really exciting now! We leave for Ukraine for our trip on Monday.

Tami said...

Congratulations!!! It looks like it will be happening soon. We traveled last December and brought our daughter home in early February. (long story). It can be beautiful there this time of year. Downtown Kiev is all decked out for Christmas and while it snows every so often, its not unbearably cold. I think you'll enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are waiting with bated breath to see when we will travel too. Maybe it will be around the same time. My husband keeps a blog regarding the adoption. Check it out: heart4kids.wordpress.com. We are hoping to adopt three sisters. We have three bio sons. Take care and I hope we all hear soon!!!!